"drowning in a sea of faces, hardly keep my head above the surface..."

thirst (by deav 2003)

Monday, August 09, 2004

exposed - devil's gold

devil’s gold (by deav)
Rio, Mai-Jun 2003
(exposed)

now i’m properly labeled
i’m a number in a tag
i feel almost comfortable now
i’ll be counted in again

now i wear a badge
now i’m in the system
now i’ll give my mind and blood
in exchange for the devil’s gold

it’s a relief, actually
after being disconnected
for a while
i can breathe finally
now that my life is back
to a file

now i wear a leash
i’ll wear it till i get old
now i’ll give my heart and soul
in exchange for the devil’s gold

and the brief taste of hope
and the soft wind of freedom
will be dropped along the road
as i gladly worship the shadow kingdom

(set me free)

* * *

No comments: