"drowning in a sea of faces, hardly keep my head above the surface..."

thirst (by deav 2003)

Monday, August 09, 2004

the awakening - vilify

vilify (by deav)
Rio, Mar - Abr 2003)
(the awakening)

bring it on
it’s not that i am strong
i know you’re gonna come anyway
go on
your work is almost done
i know you’ve spared me some
more bad things

my face is on the ground
i guess i can’t go deeper than this
what are you waiting for
the final strike’s the sweeter
i won’t resist

vilify me, you can’t satisfy me
mystify me, you can’t simplify me
come on, you just can’t deny me
the look on your face
when you’re finished with me
and i smile … back, smile… back

can’t you see, you can smash me
but not what i am
i’m a child of the stars
you can grind me
but my essence will rise
i’ll rise!

* * *

No comments: