"drowning in a sea of faces, hardly keep my head above the surface..."

thirst (by deav 2003)

Thursday, July 01, 2004

read first

i'm working on a read first message about author's rights concerning the lyrics of my songs and trying to learn how to insert it into the blog, as a link or something (i live in a self-imposed digital exile, so this is my first experience on the net). it'll take some time because i'm really busy, so this is a preview:

portal is the name i chose for my band-to-be; i searched the net some time ago, there were not many portals, and just one brazilian band called portal do sol or something like that and they did axe music or pagode, nothing like i intend for my band (which is rock, by the way, something between dave matthews band and korn, passing through pearl jam ... whatever). please, don't use it!

my lyrics are protected by author's right (droit d'auteur), which is the system of legal protection in civil law countries which subscribed the union convention of berna (1886), according to which the act of registration is declarative of the existing right.

my lyrics, although not registered in any national or international organization of property rights, are also protected by copyright, which is the system of legal protection in common-law countries which subscribed the universal convention, according to which the act of registration (since 1976) is also declarative, not constitutive, of the existing right.

all this means that the lyrics were written by me and cannot be used for commercial purposes without my authorization and the due payment of royalties.

if you want to use them, ask me!

if you want to quote them, make a reference to the source (after all, that's what quoting means...)!

please, don't abuse them (i'll sue you)!

No comments: