"drowning in a sea of faces, hardly keep my head above the surface..."

thirst (by deav 2003)

Friday, March 04, 2005

(?) - annie lorrie

annie lorrie (by deav)
Rio, Jan 2005
(?)

she was born on a rainy day
in her mama’s bed
for a midwife to welcome her
she had grandma and auntie instead

her big sister, golden hair in plaits
shed tears of joy, no more tears of sorrow
in the other room where she waits
for a new life to begin tomorrow

annie lorrie, annie lorrie
your dad has gone away
someday your brother will tell the story
of that so sad day

annie lorrie, annie lorrie
your name comes from a lovely tune
you’ll be happy, never sorry
the sun you rise up soon

* * *

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just as I was looking for online traces of myself and my productivity on the Internet (and, by the way, wondering if I would ever find someone else also named Annie Lorrie who isn't a thoroughbred horse or a cocker spaniel or dead since the early 1900s), I saw your song and wondered if you know me or someone like me or you are simply singing the song. . .which of course isn't spelled that way at all. But given your question marks, I wonder if you know what you are doing with your arrangement of letters and perhaps you are fishing for me or for someone else spelled exactly like me? Just wondering. . .

dea vianna said...

hmmm... the thing is, i got this name from song in a movie, which in turn inspired me, and i wrote this song. so, no, i don't know you... and the question mark means i don't know which album this song wil go to. btw, your post is kinda weird.