"drowning in a sea of faces, hardly keep my head above the surface..."

thirst (by deav 2003)

Monday, November 14, 2005

for an angel - insomnia

insomnia (by deav)
Rio, Nov 2005
for an angel
(just lyrics)

time and again i go to bed
but in the sky the full moon
shines bright upon my room
thoughts restless in my head

i stand up, write these words
try to wash away the gloom
but the pain that grabs my womb
leaves me hopeless between worlds

oh, dawn is made for sleep
but it seems i am doomed
to be awake in this room
holding tears i cannot weep

you at dawn keep me awake
the whirling smoke like in a loom
weaves a fine lace gone too soon
like the peace i cannot fake

oh, how i wish i could just sleep
turn off the blazing moon
find a way to heal the wound
give my heart a chance to weep

but once again i go to bed
still in the sky the full moon
shines cruel in my room
thoughts spinning in my head

* * *

No comments: