"drowning in a sea of faces, hardly keep my head above the surface..."

thirst (by deav 2003)

Friday, September 23, 2005

(?) - pray to

pray to (by deav)
Lefkada-Rio, Jul-Set 2005
(?)

so what now?
everything is falling apart
again

i don’t know how
seems like i’m back to the start
far from the end

i don’t understand
(you said) “i’ve told you that before”
i tried to remember
but my head’s not speaking now…

i’m so down
but soon i’ll be playing my part
again
here on the ground
feels quite comfortable, my heart
on the sand

(i asked) no helping hand?
(you said) “i’ll tell you just once more
“you can’t surrender
“just survive the game somehow”

so is it my move?
is there no-one
to save me?
no-one to pray to?

if i lose
is it my fault?
i won’t let go so easy
so i’ll pray
anyway
to you…

* * *

No comments: