"drowning in a sea of faces, hardly keep my head above the surface..."

thirst (by deav 2003)

Thursday, October 07, 2004

furtherland

it's been a really great experience, to be able to talk about my favorite band for the last 19 months now: Pearl Jam. it's great to talk with people from all over the world who share the same joy of being a fan of the band. it's been like part of my re-adolescence (middle-life crisis, yet?), it's been good, it makes me feel happy. the new things i've been learning, the music new to me, it's so exciting! i found out i actually like punk rock! it doesn't frighten me anymore. i got three Ramones albums, a Buzzcocks album, a collection of punk music from History of Rock, a collection of garage rock, and so far i enjoy every minute of it. Pearl Jam has widened my musical horizons, cause they do a cover, then i go after the original recording, a fall in love with the band. it happened with The Who. it's such a creative moment for me, my playing is improving, i've been practicing a lot playing PJ songs, my greatest feat was learning to play Dead Man, one of PJ's most impressive songs to me, all by myself, just by seeing the dvd Live At The Garden. the only set-back is i'm spending a huge amount of money on cds and dvds. the more i spend, the more i get, that's what i always say. low phase and all, that's the best time of my life. NOW!

No comments: